Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Prudence–a pincushion Lady in Waiting

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Prudence–a pincushion Lady in Waiting

I made two more pincushions, they’ll be displayed with the Queen Does Not Sew and Afternoon Tea pincushions. I think I should have called the July show, an Explosion of Pincushions.. ;o~  But someone very wise who does shows all the time, encouraged me to have a lot of what she calls bread and butter sales items. Keep the dolls down to a manageable level, but bring small items more than dolls.

So here we have Prudence. This doll and the next post, are inspired by Jill Maas’s design, “Dressmakers Dummy”. I think Prudence and her friend Sally would be mortified to be called dummies, so instead, we’ll make them into pincushions and stick them full of needles… I don’t think that’s a good solution either..

I used ready made dress forms and covered them with fabric. From there they are dressed with lace, rosettes, bows, and even milliners netting on their hats. (Thanks Sue)I used the head and hat part of the pattern only. On the bottom there are two beaded trims. Hard to see in the picture, but there are two different styles of beads.

A little later, I’ll post Sally…..

prue03smprue04lsmprue05smprue06smprue07sm

prue08smprue02sm

No comments:

Post a Comment