Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: I’m building fairies again !!!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

I’m building fairies again !!!

It’s that time again for Christmas ornaments. I know I know, it’s hard to hear that in the throws of summer, but for those who create it’s a busy time of year. We get our relief at Christmas while everyone else is tearing around getting their shopping done and planning the family functions. ;o)

So here’s what’s on my worktable now. It’s a good thing the Tour de France is on, I got all the fiddly bits out of the way. Here is what it involves to make 50 of my Shabby Rose Fairies, all their bits and pieces. Looks ominous, but the hard part is done and now the fun begins and all their cuteness comes together.

We start with body parts, all 250 of them, she says so calmly…..

srbodiessm

Every body needs a head, and there are 50 of those. ;o) So cute when they stack up like this….. This year I gave them all heart smiles, who can resist.

srheadssm

Every head needs hair, not sure hairless fairies exist, do they??? Five different colours, wonder who will get which one….

srhairsm

This year too, I made these little very faux perfume bottles for them to hold. So many sparkly bits….

srfauxperfumesm

Once they are put together and have their little bottles in hand, they also need more bling and trims, as fairies are want to do….

srtrimssm

I can’t forget the main player in the Shabby Rose theme, the shabby roses… and there are a rainbow of colours for them as well, many more than what you see here. What will they choose with so many choices….oh my!!

srrosessm

And the last little change this year, is that they will hang on the trees instead of hanging from cords. These are the pretty gold scrolling hangers, more shine to add to all the bling and colour. I’ll post pictures when they are all together and ready for their viewing. ;o))  Back soon…

srhangerssm

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! 250 you say!! You have been pretty busy looks like. Well can't wait to see them all come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shashi....oh my. If I were trying to make 250 it would take me all year...lol... No, I'm making 50, but the body parts equal 250. ;o)))

    ReplyDelete