Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Raven

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Raven

I finished this doll last night. She is a design by Cindee Moyer, actually an online class I signed up for last fall but only just now finally got it made. The original name for her is “The Raven”, but I’ve shortened that to Raven.


She is going to be part of my display at the gallery show in September. The book she’s holding fits in with my Marie Antoinette theme, it’s images I found online of past and present Marie. Present Marie being Kristen Dunst and the movie she did in 2006 of Marie Antoinette. I reduced the images and made a little book from them. My thinking is that’s it’s mean to be a book that everyone attending the Masked Ball receives from Marie.

Although they are hard to see with all the black, there are small metal black roses on either side of the mask, those are from Artchix. I’ve also attached black ribbon roses to the back of her head and the front of her headpiece, at her waist and small rose buttons on her cuffs. Marie Antoinette apparently loved roses.

I hope you like her, she is quite stunning up close and personal…

ravenmaskbook

ravenfull

ravenfull2  ravenprofile

2 comments:

  1. Romona,
    Well she is pretty darn stunning in the photos too! i think she is extremely dramatic and elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen,
    Thanks so much. She was a joy to make and she really does make a statement doesn't she. I think it's the feathers... ;o)))
    Romona

    ReplyDelete